This exciting new program prepares graduates for employment in the growing alcohol spirits distillation industry, or to support those already in the workplace. This program provides applicable and necessary hands-on training, and is committed to the promotion of sustainable production practices. Specific areas of instruction include fermentation theory and application, maturation and blending of spirits, sensory evaluation, and quality assurance and management in a distillery environment.
Program Quick Facts:
- This certificate is made up of 5 required courses, listed below.
- Delivery is a blend between online and hands on training
- Each course can be taken on a stand-alone basis.
- This certificate may be eligible for the Alberta-Canada Job Grant
1. Use distillation and fermentation techniques to produce and package high quality spirits.
2. Evaluate the consistency, quality, and flavour of distilled spirits.
3. Adjust spirit recipes, ingredients, or production processes in response to quality or flavour concerns.
4. Create spirits that align with target market interests.
5. Establish and implement appropriate quality controls and processes throughout the production, packaging, and distribution of spirits.
6. Comply with applicable provincial, federal, and international regulatory and trade requirements to produce, package, and distribute spirits safely and legally.
7. Demonstrate effective communication and personal management skills in the workplace.
Potential students will be required to show graduation from the Olds College Brewmaster & Brewery Operations Management diploma, or an equivalent knowledge base from other institution(s) or industry experience. For a complete list of the education required, click here to view the program outline of the Brewmaster & Brewery Operations Management diploma.
If you are applying externally with an equivalent knowledge base from other institutions, please contact us at email@example.com for the application form and process.
Current students of the Brewmaster & Brewery Operations Management diploma on track to graduate April 2016 are invited to apply for conditional admission pending final grades.
Please click on the course title to see the full course description.
If you have questions, please provide us with the course title and number when e-mailing or calling.